This copied from the Indiana Secretary of State's page.
Work the Polls Information from the Indiana Secretary of State
Our democracy depends on Hoosiers taking the initiative to play an active role in the freedoms of democracy. The State of Indiana is calling on civic-minded individuals to work the polls on Election Day.
There are two easy requirements in order to participate:
- You must be a registered voter and a resident of the county in which you wish to work
- You must be at least 18 years old (or 16/17 if participating in Election Day Live)
Poll workers earn up to $150 for their service, depending on the county.
To sign-up, please contact your County Election Administrator or your local party representative (Democrat or Republican). In addition, you can explore information on one of the Secretary of State's Poll Worker Recruitment Programs:
Hoosier Hall Pass https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2670.htm
The Hoosier Hall Pass poll worker recruitment program enables 16 and 17-year-old students a "live" experience of democracy in action on Election Day. This program provides an opportunity for students to learn about democracy, to actively participate in their community and work to support free and fair elections in Indiana.
Current Indiana law allows 16 and 17-year-old high school students to work as poll workers on Election Day, under the following provisions: The individual:
- Is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age.
- Has a written approval from their principal or, if the student is educated at home, the approval of the individual responsible for the education of the student.
- Has the approval of their parent or guardian.
- Is a citizen of the United States and a resident of the county in which they wish to work on Election Day.
- Must satisfactorily complete any training required by the county election board and is otherwise eligible to serve as a precinct officer.
Interested in using Hoosier Hall Pass to recruit 16/17-year-old poll workers in your county?
Hoosier Hall Pass brochure
Hoosier Hall Pass permission slip