Join the League
Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
How do I join?
Add your voice to thousands of others across the country. Make a difference on issues that matter to you, your community, and your country. Help citizens actively participate in government. Learn more about public policy issues and help others become better informed.
Please join us! If you live or work in a city or county with a local league, join your local league.
If there is no local league in the city or county where you live or work, join the state League (LWVIN) as a member-at-large. Both memberships also make you a member of the national League (LWVUS).
There are two easy ways to join the League of Women Voters of Indiana as a member-at-large.
1. Complete and mail this membership form, along with your check.
2. Join using PayPal and tell us you've joined by sending an email to email@example.com with your name, address, telephone and e-mail address.
For more information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com.
Why should I join?
Through participation in League projects, you will
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How much time does it take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What do I get?
You automatically become a member of the Lake Michigan ILO, LWV Indiana and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Indiana League of Women Voters called The Voter which is usually published 3 times each year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.